17 December 2011

Graduation Ceremony - 10.12.11

Congratulations
To all APFT graduates from Batch 23 onwards. The graduation ceremony was held at Renaissance Hotel, Kota Bharu on 10 December 2011. Although initial plan was to celebrate at APFT hangar, but after taking some consideration, they changed their mind.


As far as I'm concern, this time celebration was the largest amount of cadets graduated including ground handlers from APFT as well. We had our "rehearsal" early in the morning to make sure everything is in order.

It took approximately 2hours to complete. After everything was done and last minute arrangement being made, graduates return home to change their attire. Most of us stayed at the Renaissance hotel.

12.00PM - Parents register their attendance batches by batches.
After about 45mins of registrations, the event started once everyone in place.
As usual, the proper way to start any event is with "Doa" which was lead by Ustaz Abdul Samad.

After done with bacaan Doa, the event continued with some sort like a "choir" group by APFT students. Some of them I personally know like, Zarrin Ismail, Faris, Hazwan Azry and few others. Personally, they've done quite well. Good Job! Not to forget, Capt, Djamal for leading them. We then showed with "APFT presentation" followed by speech from Arif Faruk and Senator Dato Awang Adek.

The MC then invited Dato' Yahaya; Director of Flight Ops DCA to stage for the certificate giving ceremony. They started with Batch 23, followed by Batch 24 and so on. I was quite nervous too standing in fronts of crowds. They called name by name until my turn. Till, the last person in my batch.

Capt Mokhy: Now, awards for Batch 24;

Best Academic goes to.......... Adrian Dan Wern Han...
Best Piloting goes to.............. Anas Bin Hassan Basri...
and..(music)
Top-gun for Batch 24 goes to Mohd Noor Arni Bin Abdul Rahman...

I was...clueless; with crowds shouting and clapping hands..It was unexpected actually.

We then walked off from the stage and everyone shook hand among themselves including me. We then return the trophy back.HAHA. I walked to my parents table and gave them the "crystal". We then return to our seats and wait for the other batches.

After finished with everyone, crowds had their "hi-tea" time while me,busy taking photos. Just like a normal photographer who doesn't involve with graduation.=p

Rezolles - View my 'APFT Graduation Day' set on Flickriver

Here, I would like to say THANK YOU to all instructors who taught me during my training;

Capt Mokhyiddin Abu Bakar.
-An instructor with lots of knowledge in flying. Really a patient instructor . I did flew with him several times for my CPL IF test, twin engine TR,NFE and IRT.




















Capt Zeenudin Kurashi
- an instructor who also known as "the perfectionist". Flying with him is not only about getting the aircraft airborne safely, BUT the procedures is vital. Bring SOP if you are flying with him. It helps!

Preparation before flight such as Metars and aircraft hours must be in hand before he arrive. Otherwise, you wont be flying in a fun atmosphere.Hehe

I did my PPL test, CPL GH test with him. The rest, I flew GH (twin) and airways with him. As long you prepared for the flight, you know what to do, you'll be fine. =)

(Left) Capt Amrul Syahrin
(Right) Capt Nay Win Thein

Capt Amrul
One of the students favourite instructors. He is the one taught me to do "Practiced Force Landing" (PFL) effectively until I managed to passed for my PPL test and CPL GH test. He also showed me the use of HSI for Rate-one-turn cross check. I did flew with him for my Instruments Flying (IF).On top of that, he also my personal guitar instructor..Hehehe..

Capt Nay Win TheinOne of the most frequent instructors I ever flown. He did taught me Circuits 1 till my first Solo Check with Capt Myo. If you think my landing is good, thanks to Capt Nay. He really patient showing the correct landing and flaring technique.







(Most Right) Capt Kamis

Capt Kamis was the first instructor for my Intruments Flying exercise during CPL phase. He showed me the correct way to execute holding patterns and the procedures. He also my examiner for my Flight Navigation Test (FNT) to Terengganu.







Capt Thant Zaw
I started to flying with him during my twin engine phase. From my experience, he was one of the best twin instructors. Flying especially airways can be fun. He will show you and give the opportunity to try different types of holding patterns and really used up the flying slot time.




Capt RaoAlso known as an "IF King" (Instruments Flying King) among students. You have any ambiguity about IF? Throw him the questions, he will answer you!

I still remember, no one wanted to fly on Friday. So, most of the time, the sortie slot left unattended. I offer myself to fly with him even during Friday. Its quite hassle but its worth to fly with him. Personally, he was the one who made my IF flying from good to best. And not to forget sir, your mental arithmetic for the holding pattern calculation +2 and -2 really works!!

Actually, there are lots of instructors to mention here like Capt Syaiful Alam, Capt Salleh, Capt Dhany, Capt Myo, Capt Naing and the rest of instructors.

Having good aircraft and fit instructors is not enough to make sure it is safe to fly. Without having the proper traffic controller, it would be a disaster. Thanks to all Mr/Mrs/Mdm of Kota Bharu Control Tower. You guys have made aviation industry safer. I did experienced difficulties during my SOLO flying, and yes, they've done their job by giving me priority to land.

MR Shawal MatzieniOne of the "sempoi", cool and chillex ATC I've ever known. Whenever he's on duty, we recognize each other voice even I'm flying with my batchmate. Its nice when you are talking and requesting from someone you personally know.






MR Nasa
One of the seniors ATC in Kota Bharu tower. You can easily recognize his voice in R/T because of his intonation is different. Once I have instruments failure right after Take-off runway 10 during his duty and he offered me to do tear drop for Runway 28. =)
He also one of the most respected ATC officers at Kota Bharu.







Not to forget, MR Az-Ha (Abe Ha), Kelantanese tower officer. Sorry Be Ha, Takdok gambar abe ha.Mungkin sebab slalu do-oh jupo =p. Others ATC like MR Kamaruzzaman, Aznan Aziz and Suhaili. As a student, we really appreciate your work as a controller =)
En Azmi

APFT Flight Operations













Last but not least, my fellow batchmates.

SPECIAL THANKS to:

Cadet Muhammad Ihsan Bin Capt Za'ba
Selected as the batch leader since Day 1 at APFT is not an easy job. He have to handle initially 20 students in one batch. His intelligence solving problems among batchmates is one of the factors I respect him. His leadership qualities is no doubt. During first year at APFT, almost every 3months we had batch meeting. In the meeting, anyone free to raise up any issue. As a batchleader, he done his job very well at APFT before he completed the course.















Cadet Ariventhan A/L Arumugam

My so called "BFF" in my batch. He motivates me a lot during my training. If I have any problem, he will give out his useful opinions for me. Sometimes, he often to make stupid jokes and I'm okay with it. HAHA









My fellow juniors from Batch 28.

(Left) Cadet Raja Ilham
(Right) Cadet Amir














I would like to take opportunity to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped me during my course and I dedicated the below trophy to my batchmates.




I would like to officially announce that I've completed my CPL/IR course at Kota Bharu. Alhamdullilah.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

best graduation ever, dont u think??
erm, my pic also there..thanks...

Jyuu said...

CONGRATULATION AGAIN... TOP GUN! ;D

Jyuu said...

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN . . . TOP GUN! ;D

romeodeltalover said...

congratulation bro! :)

Anonymous said...

Gambar last tu paling penting :P

tehah. said...

Congtraz !

cl said...

congrats bro!!! Wish you all the best in flying...

your junior

CL*guess who?*hahaha

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@CL: haha..rasa mcm tahu je..jeng jeng jeng ^_^

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@Jyuu: Tenkiuu =)
@romeodeltalover : Thx =)
@teha: thx for the wish =)

ashburn said...

CONGRATULATION , TOP GUN !!!

Finally , all the hard works paid off..

All the best in your future flying carrier ...

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@ashburn: Thank you Capt Abu Bakar, hope to be like you in the future Sir. =)

Zeenudin said...

Well done Arni...All the best to you. Fly high and be safe!!!

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@Capt Zeenu : Thx for the wish, Sir. It was a pleasure time to learn and fly with you Sir. Thank you for everything =)

Anonymous said...

hey topgun..yeah congrats..batch24 always different..day 1 till now..lol..

The Cockpit Diaries said...

Tenkiu arie (Robert)...yes we are different.. =p

amoas74 said...

what the heck??? what am i doing in your story?..you should say i'm the most handsome guy on earth here...ahaks....

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@capt amrul : muhehehe...dh 2 bulan sir berlalu..sampai ati baru baca..=.=

Anonymous said...

nak tanya la kat abg . abg dulu siapa yang bagi tajaan untuk amik pilot ni?

The Cockpit Diaries said...

@anonymous: Abang under MARA masa 2009 masuk...

P/s: Next komen letak nickname, senang nak identify.